Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Pillow Book of Sei Shonagon

This is a collection of one sentence lines that head a paragraph relating to the sentence. The sentences make good writing exercises! One of the sentences is "16. Things that make the heart beats faster."

Here's an exert of the response to it.

"Sparrows feeding their young. To pass where babies are playing. ... It is night and one is expecting a visitor"(51)

I really liked the exercise so I decided that I'd try to do these as a blog entry... whenever I can. :) It was really interesting coming up with things that were not superficial. It should be fun!

~Netta

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright, American Hunger, 1977

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ever so sorry!

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.